Brad Pitt Releases His New Champagne Costing $400

Brad Pitt Releases His New Champagne Costing $400

© Photo provided

BradPitt_Miraval_Champagne

Brad Pitt Releases His New Champagne Costing $400

© Photo provided

Pitt’s latest adventure in the wine world

Released in 2020, Fleur de Miraval is a rosé Champagne, made in France's northeastern Champagne region and was a result of five years of research. The Péters family’s new bottling called ER2 (Exclusively Rosé 2) is a surprising tweak from its previous famous blend, though still produced by the same saignée method.

"I was impressed last year with the success of our first edition, Fleur de Miraval ER1," Pitt shared with People. "With ER2, we pushed the limits even further. We created new extremes for quality."

Fleur_de_Miraval_ER2

Fleur de Miraval ER2

© Photo provided

A bottle with a unique taste

ER2 is the first from Chateau Miraval since Angelina Jolie sold her share to the Stoli Group last month. This second edition made up of 75% of Chardonnays of different ages benefits from the richness of the 2012 vintage and the extraordinary balance of the 2014 vintage. The remaining 25% of young Pinot Noirs creates the delicate saline and iodized expression of the Chardonnay and heighten the wine's aromatic expression.

Bottled in 2017, ER2 has aged on lees in the dark in the Champagne house's cellars for three years before release and its 22,000 bottles will be offered at a price of approximately $400 per bottle.

FIND OUT MORE