Great Britain & Ireland Michelin Stars Revealed for 2022
UK Michelin Guide 2022 is out.
UK Michelin Guide
The prestigious Michelin Stars have been unveiled in the UK. Due to Covid-19, this year’s launch took place virtually via Twitter. UK picked up one new three-star restaurant with L’Enclume in Cartmel, Cumbria for its exceptional cuisine. “The cooking in this lovely old smithy has never stopped evolving and the energy emanating from the kitchen is as palpable as ever,” Michelin stated on its website. A further seven restaurants retained their three-star rating.
In total, London contributed seven of the 19 new one-star restaurants including Evelyn's Table by the Selby brothers, Frog by the Scottish chef Adam Handling and Mayfair institution Jamavar, bringing the total number of Michelin one-starred restaurants across Great Britain and Ireland to 164.
Michelin is one of the most celebrated awards for restaurants and chefs across the world. The Guide awards up to three Michelin stars for excellence to a select few restaurants: One star deems a restaurant “worth a stop”, two “worth a detour” and three “worth a special journey.”
Restaurants in Great Britain and Ireland to receive three Michelin Stars in the 2022 Guide:
L’Enclume, Cartmel, Cumbria – Simon Rogan
Also holds a Michelin Green Star.
Restaurants in Great Britain and Ireland to receive two Michelin Stars in the 2022 Guide:
• Chapter One by Mickael Viljanen, Dublin – Mickael Viljanen
• The Clove Club, Shoreditch, London – Isaac McHale
• Ikoyi, St James’s, London – Jeremy Chan
• Liath, Blackrock, Dublin – Damien Grey
• Ynyshir, Machynlleth, Powys – Gareth Ward
Restaurants in Great Britain and Ireland to receive one Michelin Star in the 2022 Guide:
• The Barn, Aughton, Lancashire – Nathan Cornwell
• Bastible, Dublin – Barry Fitzgerald
• Bridge Arms, Bridge, Canterbury – Daniel Smith
• Dog and Gun Inn, Skelton, Cumbria – Ben Queen-Fryer
• Evelyn's Table, Soho, London – Luke Selby
Also Winner of the Young Chef Award
• Frog by Adam Handling, Covent Garden, London – Adam Handling
• The Glenturret Lalique, Crieff, Perthshire – Mark Donald
• Glovers Alley, Dublin – Andy McFadden
• Home, Penarth, Cardiff – James Sommerin
• Jamavar, Mayfair, London – Surender Mohan
• Kol, Marylebone, London – Santiago Lastra
• Meadowsweet, Holt, Norfolk – Greg Anderson
• Pine, East Wallhouses, Northumberland – Cal Byerley
Also awarded a MICHELIN Green Star.
• Sollip, Southwark, London – Woongchul Park
• SY23, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion – Nathan Davies
Also Winner of the Opening of the Year Award.
• Trivet, Southwark, London – Jonny Lake
Also Winner of the Sommelier Award.
• Unalome by Graeme Cheevers, Glasgow – Graeme Cheevers
• Upstairs by Tom Shepherd, Lichfield, Staffordshire – Tom Shepherd
• Wild Honey St James, St James’s, London – Anthony Demetre
FIND OUT MORE
Michelin Unexpectedly Adds Six Restaurants to New York GuideThe renowned French-owned guide is breaking with tradition by adding some of its NYC selections throughout the year, instead of annually.
Chef Icon Alain Ducasse: The MultitalentAlain Ducasse is the only chef to hold 20 Michelin stars. The Frenchman is also a celebrated author of cookery books and the mastermind...
Top Chef Mauro Colagreco Teams Up with Raffles LondonThe Michelin-starred chef will make his UK debut at Raffles London next year.
Where to Eat: Best Italian Restaurants outside ItalyThe restaurant guide '50 Top Italy' has revealed its latest global rankings for 2022. The good news is you don't need to travel Italy for an...
Seven Restaurants for Seeing out Veganuary in StyleWe’re almost through Veganuary. And whether you’re a committed vegan, or just dabbling in plant-based eating, what better way to see out the...
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
To mark World Baking Day, we present ten delicious cake, dessert and pastry recipes from our archives. Turn that oven on and get cooking!
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
Mustard is a staple condiment, coming in a variety of guises – and levels of heat. Don’t ruin your hot dog: here’s a handy guide through five major...
Peruvian cuisine, with its unique blend of native and immigrant dishes, can now be found around the globe. Here are some of the best Peruvian eateries...