You would also need:
A cake tin with a diameter of 20 centimeters
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Melt the chocolate and butter with the finely chopped ginger in a bowl in a water bath.
- Allow the mixture to cool down until lukewarm, then mix in a third of the sugar and one egg yolk using a hand mixer, gradually adding the remaining egg yolks. Then fold in the ground almonds and the baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Then add the remaining sugar little by little and continue to beat vigorously. Beat until the beaten egg whites are very stiff and glossy.
- Using a dough scraper, first mix one tablespoon of beaten egg whites with the chocolate mixture, then carefully fold in the rest.
- Grease the cake tin with a little butter and pour the batter into the tin. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- The inside of the cake should still be soft and not baked through. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the cake from the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder using a sieve and serve. This creamy cake is even better for being flour free. When cooling the cake shrinks a little - but remains moist!
Champagne Bollinger R.D. 2007 – Bollinger Launches the Latest Vintage of Its Flagship Wine - Récemment Dégorgé 2007
Campari, gin and vermouth: these are the three ingredients of the legendary cocktail classic Negroni. It was named after Count Negroni and comes in...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.
Falstaff’s man about town talks about a great love affair – that between food and wine.