You would also need:
A cake tin with a diameter of 20 centimeters
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Melt the chocolate and butter with the finely chopped ginger in a bowl in a water bath.
- Allow the mixture to cool down until lukewarm, then mix in a third of the sugar and one egg yolk using a hand mixer, gradually adding the remaining egg yolks. Then fold in the ground almonds and the baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Then add the remaining sugar little by little and continue to beat vigorously. Beat until the beaten egg whites are very stiff and glossy.
- Using a dough scraper, first mix one tablespoon of beaten egg whites with the chocolate mixture, then carefully fold in the rest.
- Grease the cake tin with a little butter and pour the batter into the tin. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- The inside of the cake should still be soft and not baked through. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the cake from the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder using a sieve and serve. This creamy cake is even better for being flour free. When cooling the cake shrinks a little - but remains moist!
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
From seafood pasta and moules frites to grilled tiger prawns and oysters, our seafood recipes celebrate the tastiest and freshest dishes from the sea.
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
Italy is Europe’s largest producer of caviar, second only to China and ahead of Russia. Here's all you need to know about these delicious fish eggs,...
The Spanish claim, with some justification, to have invented mayonnaise. The French don't like it, but it doesn't change their reputation for being...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The house has revived its prestige cuvée named in honour of its founder Charles Heidsieck, the original Champagne Charlie, for the bicentenary of his...
It’s Wimbledon time, and while players throw themselves around the court, the thousands of tennis fans watching them will be achieving some equally...