Cheese Ravioli with Creamed Salad and Truffles
Cheese Ravioli with Creamed Salad and Truffles
© Luzia Ellert
For the creamed salad
For the filling
For the dough
For the garnish
- For the creamed salad, blend the lettuce, oil and vinegar in a food processor to form a smooth creamy sauce. Pass through a fine sieve and chill. The olive oil will then be absorbed and the cream will become more stable.
- For the filling, boil the potatoes in their skins until tender. Drain, peel and mash. In a bowl, mix with the crumbled curd cheese and the raw onion, season with salt to taste and mix in the herbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and oil. Add just enough lukewarm water, a tablespoon at a time, to form a smooth dough. Leave it to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out the chilled dough thinly into a large rectangle.
- Form small balls from the filling and place them at even intervals on one half the dough. Fold the dough over and gently press down between the filling.
- Cut out the ravioli. Make sure there is no air left inside, or the ravioli will burst when coooked.
- Crimp the ends of the dough (fold over a small piece and press down, fold over the dough next to it and press down, continuing until each is sealed).
- Boil the ravioli in a large pan of salted water for about 10 minutes. Remove carefully using a slotted spoon.
- For the garnish, heat the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the ravioli. Finish with a shaving of white truffles and serve on the creamed salad.
FIND OUT MORE
Pasta Alla NormaIn the cookbook 'Globi's Italian Cuisine', star chef Gualtiero Marchesi tells how to make this classic pasta dish of aubergines and tomatoes. And if you thought this dish was named after a person or city, Gualtiero sets the record straight...
Salmon Trout with Chard, Chanterelle Ragout and PappardelleMax Natmessnig, chef at the Rote Wand Schualhus in Lech, central Austria, is known for his innovative dishes. In the Falstaff cookbook he shares his recipe for salmon trout with chanterelles and homemade pasta.
Ham and Pasta GratinThis recipe is essentially the same as the one that appeared in Louise Seleskowitz's legendary 'Viennese Cookbook' from 1879.
Lasagne with Radicchio, Chestnut Cream and BaconLasagne can be much more than a vehicle for the pasta sauce from the day before. Here we layer radicchio, chestnuts and bacon to create a sweet-bitter-salty version of the classic.
Pasta: Fettucine with Tiger PrawnsA quick pasta dish that tastes like the sea.
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
A new wave of Pinotage has swept across from South Africa, making a whole new case for the country's flagship red grape. And it is a real...
Detoxes don’t have to be punishing. In fact, taking the time to focus on your mind, body or spiritual side can give you the energy to recharge and...
Falstaff's wine editors have compiled the ultimate list of the world’s 100 most iconic red wine estates. Here are the New World wineries that made the...
Smart seaside dining is a holiday treat, but cheaper, casual venues often deliver seafood that’s just as delicious with a relaxed local ambience. Here...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
Falstaff's wine editors have compiled the ultimate list of the world’s 100 most iconic red wine estates. Here are the wineries from Italy that made...
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
Falstaff is delighted to show off Austria‘s must-visit destinations from Carinthia to Vienna.
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
Falstaff's wine editors have compiled the ultimate list of the world’s 100 most iconic red wine estates. Here are the wineries from France that made...