For shortcrust pastry (for 1 tart 24cm in diameter):
For the filling (for 1 tart 24cm in diameter):
For the meringue (for 1 tart 24cm in diameter):
- Bring butter to room temperature. Cut into small cubes. Mix all ingredients by hand or with a food processor until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of baking paper to a thickness of about 4mm. Put the thin dough in the fridge for 1 hour. Grease a springform pan with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Remove the cold dough from both pieces of baking paper. Use the springform pan base as a template and cut out a round tart base of the same diameter.
- Cut out 3-4cm wide, 15-20cm long strips to line the rim of the tin. Carefully lift the tart base into the springform pan.
- Install the rim pieces, press them gently with your hands and join to bottom of the tart. Mix breadcrumbs, sugar and ground almonds and sprinkle in tart.
- Bake tart for 15 minutes until the dough comes away easily from the springform pan. Then remove from mould.
- Rhubarb: Carefully wash, peel and cut into even pieces. In a pan, simmer the rhubarb pieces with jam, sugar, butter, gin, lemon zest, water, vanilla pulp and scraped pods for 15 to 20 min over medium heat.
- The filling by now should be thick. Preheat oven to 170°C. Put the ring from the springform pan back on the tart.
- Pour the filling into the tart and sprinkle with sugar. Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until the filling is set and the pastry is golden brown.
- After 20 min remove the ring and finish baking without the ring.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C
- Salt the egg whites and mix with a hand mixer in a large bowl. Slowly pour in the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Put the egg whites on the tart and spread it on. Bake the tart for 10 minutes on the second rack from the top. Watch the tart and don't let it catch too much colour.
- The egg whites should be lightly browned and not too firm. Let the tart cool and serve cold.
Champagne Bollinger R.D. 2007 – Bollinger Launches the Latest Vintage of Its Flagship Wine - Récemment Dégorgé 2007
Campari, gin and vermouth: these are the three ingredients of the legendary cocktail classic Negroni. It was named after Count Negroni and comes in...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.
Falstaff’s man about town talks about a great love affair – that between food and wine.