For the energy balls:
These energy balls can be varied by adding different favours or coatings.
Alcohol (eg fruit brandies, rum, cognac)
Spices (eg cinnamon, chilli, tonka bean)
- In a blender, place melted coconut oil, melted cacao butter, cacao powder, pitted dates, honey, the inside of the vanilla bean and a pinch of Maldon salt.
- Blend all ingredients at maximum speed until smooth. Chill the mixture for 4 hours.
- Using a spoon to portion out, form small balls out of the solid mixture by hand.
- Coat the still-wet balls with ingredients of your choice such as matcha powder, rose petals etc.
- Chill the energy balls before serving. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to several weeks.
Our inaugural digital summer issue of Falstaff Magazine is here!
Each week, Falstaff highlights a restaurant somewhere on this globe, reviewed by one of our professional eaters.
Sweat beads forming on the forehead, tears swelling in the eyes – these are the physical manifestations of eating hot and spicy foods. Is this...
Have you packed everything for your picnic? Make sure you don’t forget something to sit on: Falstaff has found the best and most beautiful picnic...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.