For the shortcrust pastry:
For the topping:
For the filling:
- Cut butter into small pieces and mix with the rest of the pastry ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll out the pastry thinly (3 mm) between 2 sheets of baking paper. Put in the refrigerator until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Grease a quiche dish or tin, ideally 24cm in diameter, with butter.
- Remove rolled pastry from fridge and carefully place pastry into the quiche dish and press lightly.
- Cut along the top edge of the dish with a knife to remove the excess pastry. Prick the pastry several times with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes until pastry comes away from the edge. Remove from the oven.
- Peel the outer skin from the asparagus and cut into pieces 3 to 4 cm long. Chop up the bacon. Finely chop the parsley.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Fry the bacon until crispy, then set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté the leek, add salt and sugar.
- Pour in the stock, add the asparagus and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft. Place to one side.
- Coarsely grate the parmesan. Put the butter, eggs, whipping cream, wine and cheese in a pot.
- Heat over medium heat (do not bring to a boil) and infuse for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid slowly thickens.
- Add nutmeg and salt to season. Place the vegetables and cream mixture in the pastry shell and then cook in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes until the mixture has set and is bouncy to the touch.
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
With their aromatic lift and savoury depth, herbs bring that delicious extra dimension to a dish. But don't get stuck in a rut, try these new ways of...
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2021 Bordeaux En Primeur campaign delivered ‘predictable chaos’, with too many wines offering poor value compared to other available vintages,...
The inaugural Michelin Guide Dubai has awarded two Michelin stars to two restaurants: Il Ristorante - Niko Romito and STAY by Yannick Alléno.
Where does one go after an illustrious career making one of the world’s most iconic wines? For the Lur Saluces family the answer is: back home.
Wines made or endorsed by famous names are now a firm part of the wine business. If done right, they are a perfect extension of a celebrity’s brand...