Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Bring 3 litres of water on to boil in a large pot, add salt and cook spaghetti until al dente. Strain and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and nutmeg and keep to one side. Retain some water to add to the tomatoes later.
- Cut the green asparagus from the tip so each stalk is 10-13 cm long and cover with water in a dish. Add the baking powder and salt, bring to the boil, then turn heat off and leave to infuse with the lid on.
- Heat and stew the dried tomatoes with some of the pasta water, olive oil and a little chilli. Then add tomato passata and, if needed, some more hot pasta water. Simmer until dried tomatoes are supple and everything has a saucy consistency.
- Crack the eggs open into a small bowl and stir well. Cut the pork into 1 cm thick slices. Season with salt and pepper, dust each side with flour and dip into beaten egg. Then coat each side in grated parmesan and deepfry briefly in hot sunflower oil in a large pan.
- Arrange the spaghetti, tomato sauce and drained asparagus on warmed plates and top with the deep-fried pork..
Our inaugural digital summer issue of Falstaff Magazine is here!
Each week, Falstaff highlights a restaurant somewhere on this globe, reviewed by one of our professional eaters.
We all know vending machines for drinks and sweets, but Rome has now topped this with a pizza vending machine located in a booth on Via Catania.
The former Soviet republic is working on the country's first official wine route
Verijet, a private airline launched in 2020, is disrupting the aviation industry by offering unique flight experiences.
The first certified sustainable UK wines have been released after the Sustainable Wines of Great Britain scheme was set up last year.
The luxury hotel operator is opening a resort in the World Islands off Dubai later this year.
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is New Zealand's top export. The reported drop in harvest volume will create supply issues.
Orange wine has been niche, but one Romanian winery is changing that - especially in Asia.
Famous for their single-vineyard wines from the Clos des Goisses vineyard in Mareuil-sur-Aÿ, Champagne Philipponnat are also making a name for their...
Italian white wines can be subtle to the point of neutrality – but once they are paired with food they do come into their own. Here are the top five...
Sweat beads forming on the forehead, tears swelling in the eyes – these are the physical manifestations of eating hot and spicy foods. Is this...
Have you packed everything for your picnic? Make sure you don’t forget something to sit on: Falstaff has found the best and most beautiful picnic...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.