Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Let cool slightly, then divide among 4 bowls. Cut onion into wedges. Bring the water, vinegar and sugar to the boil and simmer the onion slices for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and leave the onion wedges in the cooking water for at least 15 minutes. Use meat tenderiser to flatten chicken fillets and shape into even slices of approx. 1 cm thickness.
- Dust the chicken fillets with flour on both sides and season with salt, pepper and curry powder. Turn the meat in the beaten egg so it covers both sides and then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Pan fry in a pan with oil on each side approx. 5 minutes on each side, drain excess fat on a paper towel and then cut into slices. Blanch edamame beans for 1 minute. Cut the cabbage into thin slices and mix with the Kikkoman Poke Sauce to coat.
- Slice the avocados. Add the cabbage, avocados, edamame beans, pickled onions and chicken on top of the rice. Serve with extra Kikkoman Poke Sauce and lime wedges on the side.
FIND OUT MORE
Authentic Poke BowlOriginally from Hawaii these bowls have become an international food trend - here is a classic version with salmon.
Raspberry Power PorridgeThis bowl is perfect for a fruity start to the day.
Paprika Chicken by Max StieglNo list of Austria's top dishes would be complete without this incredible Paprika Chicken recipe from Max Stiegl, head chef at Gut Purbach restaurant. Try it and you will understand why.
Stuffed Roast Chicken with Carrots and ParsnipsGerhard Fuchs has been cooking at the restaurant Die Weinbank in Austria's southern Styria region since 2014. Fuchs cooks regional, seasonal and creative food with lots of flavour. Here he cooks a supreme dish for poultry lovers.
Vegan Butter ChickenA classic from northern India, here in the vegan version made with cauliflower. Recipe from the new cookbook by Karma Food founders Adi and Simone Raihmann.
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
From seafood pasta and moules frites to grilled tiger prawns and oysters, our seafood recipes celebrate the tastiest and freshest dishes from the sea.
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
Italy is Europe’s largest producer of caviar, second only to China and ahead of Russia. Here's all you need to know about these delicious fish eggs,...
The Spanish claim, with some justification, to have invented mayonnaise. The French don't like it, but it doesn't change their reputation for being...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The house has revived its prestige cuvée named in honour of its founder Charles Heidsieck, the original Champagne Charlie, for the bicentenary of his...
It’s Wimbledon time, and while players throw themselves around the court, the thousands of tennis fans watching them will be achieving some equally...