For 1 Focaccia
For the topping
- Sieve the flour into the bowl of a food processor and make a well.
- Pour the water into the well, crumble in the yeast, sprinkle with the sugar and a little flour from the edges and leave to rise, covered, in a warm place for 15 minutes. Wash the rosemary and thyme and shake dry.
- Strip the leaves or needles from the herb sprigs and chop very finely.
- Add the salt, olive oil, pepper and chopped herbs to the pre-dough and knead with the dough hook of the food processor until smooth.
- Roll out the dough into a square 2 cm thick on a lightly floured work surface and leave to rise for another 20 minutes, covered.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (fan oven). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- For the topping, wash the vegetables.
- Cut off the ends of the green asparagus. Peel the onions, halve them and cut them into rings. Halve or slice the cherry tomatoes, depending on their shape.
- Cut a little off the tops of the green stalks of the spring onions and halve the spring onions lengthwise, depending on their size.
- Core the peppers and cut into strips. Place the focaccia base on the baking tray, decorate with the vegetables and herbs and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake in a hot oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Raise a glass (or two) to English Wine Week running from June 18-26 by visiting these five UK wineries from Sussex to southwest London.
There have been many copies, but there is only one original dry vermouth. Our writer makes a pilgrimage to Noilly Prat in Marseillan in the south of...
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Between Pacific and Andes, roaring ocean and rugged rocks, Peru's perfect blend of indigenous and immigrant cultures has created a compelling...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
As the temperature rises, these refreshing berry cocktail recipes will cool you down and provide a delicious, grown-up taste of summer.
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...