Mini Kobe Cheeseburgers with Remoulade Sauce
Mini Cheeseburgers with Remoulade Sauce.
© Wolfgang Puck
Makes 12 mini burgers
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- Place the mince in a bowl and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands. Take a small amount of the ground beef (about two tablespoons) and form it into a meatball in your hand. Flatten the ball slightly and then place the mini burger patties on a plate.
- Drizzle the meatballs with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the burgers on a hot grill, first on one side for three minutes, then flip with tongs. Then place a slice of cheddar on top of the burger and let it melt.
- While the cheese is melting, place the burger buns on the grill and lightly toast on both sides for about 2 minutes in total.
- Assemble the burger: Place the toasted brioche halves on a plate. Place a small spoonful of remoulade sauce (see recipe below) on the bottom half. Place the burger patty on top (cheese facing up), place an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a slice of cornichon on top. Finally put the other half of the burger bun on top.
Easy Remoulade Sauce
Mix 3/4 cup store-bought or homemade Thousand Island dressing with two tablespoons barbecue sauce and some diced red onion. Mix well.
FIND OUT MORE
Pulled Pork SlidersAfter marinating overnight in a spicy rub and slow-roasting for 12 hours, the pork emerges soft and tender – ideal for making these very more-ish sliders. The marinated red cabbage gives added crunch.
Burger with Beetroot & OnionsThis burger variation is refined with braised onions and a refreshing yoghurt sauce.
Smoked Salmon BagelsA sesame-seed bagel filled with cream cheese and salmon and a touch of fresh dill: it's a dish that's more than the sum of its parts, and it makes breakfast feel a little bit special.
Cheese in a Loaf of BreadMelted cheese, crusty bread and juicy apples with a little honey... This winning combination is from chef Julian Kutos. His Cheese in a Loaf of Bread will surprise and delight.
Spelt & Wild Garlic BreadSeasonal specialty bread that has the aroma of spring with the inclusion of wild garlic.
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
With their aromatic lift and savoury depth, herbs bring that delicious extra dimension to a dish. But don't get stuck in a rut, try these new ways of...
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2021 Bordeaux En Primeur campaign delivered ‘predictable chaos’, with too many wines offering poor value compared to other available vintages,...
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...
Where does one go after an illustrious career making one of the world’s most iconic wines? For the Lur Saluces family the answer is: back home.
The inaugural Michelin Guide Dubai has awarded two Michelin stars to two restaurants: Il Ristorante - Niko Romito and STAY by Yannick Alléno.