Pasta: Penne with Pesto Trapanese
Penne mit Pesto Trapanese
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Chop basil, chilli, garlic add salt and blend in a food processor. Roast the almonds in the oven at 180 °C until golden brown, approx. 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put most of the toasted almonds (some will be needed later) into the food processor and blend for a few seconds only - otherwise it gets mushy.
- Pour olive oil into pesto, mix well with a spoon rather than switching on the processor. Finally add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta al dente in salted boiling water as per the packaging instructions, drain but reserve a some of the cooking water.
- Mix the pasta and pesto together, add an extra dash of olive oil and dilute with some cooking water to alter consistency if required.
- Stir together and place it back on heat if necessary until it becomes creamy.
- Place the pesto pasta on dishes, grind the remaining almonds in a food processor or chop them with a knife and sprinkle on top. Add some grated parmesan.
Champagne Bollinger R.D. 2007 – Bollinger Launches the Latest Vintage of Its Flagship Wine - Récemment Dégorgé 2007
Campari, gin and vermouth: these are the three ingredients of the legendary cocktail classic Negroni. It was named after Count Negroni and comes in...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.
Falstaff’s man about town talks about a great love affair – that between food and wine.