For the caramel sauce (for 25 pieces):
- Slowly melt the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Do not stir, but only swirl the pot.
- Once golden brown, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the whipped cream and butter. The whipped cream and butter should have room temperature.
- Let the sauce simmer on medium heat for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until it is nice and creamy. Pour into a glass and leave to cool.
For the truffles (for 25 pieces):
- Melt the chocolate and whipped cream slowly in a bowl over a saucepan with simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Make sure, the bowl is not in contact with the hot water.
- Leave the melted chocolate to cool for 10 minutes and then stir in the caramel sauce and the whisky.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow tray lined with foil, cover with cling film and chill for at least 4 hours. Take the chocolate-caramel mixture out of the fridge and form balls with a teaspoon. Roll the balls in the cocoa powder and leave to set in the fridge.
FIND OUT MORE
Apple Tart with CaramelThe pleasure is made perfect by vanilla ice cream - recipe tip from the book »Apples« by James Rich.
Chocolate TiramisuFancy a quick chocolate tiramisu? Julian Kutos offers the perfect recipe for impatient chocoholics.
The Original TiramisuThe classic coffee-flavoured dessert is prepared in the same manner as the original. The addition of rum is optional.
Superfood Energy BallsCocoa in its finest form? This delicious and healthy version of a Christmas specialty can be refined to suit individual tastes.
Biscuits: Orange BiscuitsThe wonderful scent of oranges not only goes perfectly with the Christmas season, but also goes well with juicy biscuits.
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner, a stand-up party or sit-down feast, kick off with one of our easy-to-make cocktails to set the mood for...
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
Oz Clarke is a larger than life character. Falstaff met the TV personality, actor, entertainer, connoisseur and writer and he was as ebullient,...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
Snow bunnies and powder hounds rejoice - we've rounded up the most sensational ski resorts across Europe and North America for a magical mountain...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
The world’s leading safety, product and COVID rating website AirlineRating.com has revealed the best airlines worldwide in 2021.
Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon is the inspired cellar master of Champagne Louis Roederer and the man behind Cristal - one of the most thrilling prestige...
Ward off the winter blues by splashing out on some bottles of delicious things, especially if they can multi-task on different occasions. Here’s our...
The US state of New York recently legalised cannabis for recreational use. Within a very short time this has become a huge market that politicians,...