For the cabbage rolls:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the Rice:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the Dip:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Cut the whole cabbage leaves from the cabbage head and place in a bowl. Bring 2 litres of water to the boil and pour over the cabbage leaves, leave to infuse for 2 minutes then cool quickly in very cold water and place in a colander to drain.
- Cut the chicken fillets into thin strips and mix in a bowl with the fennel seeds, lemon pepper, oregano leaves, a little olive oil and salt.
- Cut the thick stalks from the ends of the cabbage leaves, then fill 12 leaves with the chicken mixture and wrap each leaf into a ball. Place them in a pan, pour over the sweet wine and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover with the remaining 4 cabbage leaves and simmer gently for 30 minutes. The filling should be nice and juicy and tender at the end.
- Cook the rice in a little salted water according to the package instructions and add a little coconut oil.
- Put the yoghurt in a bowl with the ras el hanut, a little salt, olive oil and a little argan or hazelnut oil and mix well. Add the grated zest of half a lemon and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Chopped basil to serve goes perfectly with the dish with its sweet and sour notes.
FIND OUT MORE
Coq au Vin from 'Donnie Brasco'This recipe is the result of the gangster Lefty's attempt to cook real French Coq au Vin in Donnie Brasco.
Prison Sunday Gravy from 'Goodfellas'The guys from 'Goodfellas' prepare this dish in their prison cell. Here's the recipe to follow so you can make it in your own kitchen, no holds barred!
Wild Garlic Cream Soup with Poached EggChef and cookery teacher Julian Kutos cooks a deliciously creamy wild garlic soup. Smooth and satisfying, it tastes especially good with a poached egg and crunchy croutons.
Green Poke Bowl with Smoky Chilli MayonnaiseSpring is such a wonderful season, and this recipe, with its green flavours offset with a smoky chilli mayonnaise, is a great way to celebrate it. Green, spicy, creamy and delicious!
Fried Chicken with Cream Cucumber SaladThis is one of the most popular dishes in Austria: Gerhard Fuchs from the Weinbank restaurant in Styria serves the poultry with crispy breading and creamed cucumber salad.
Data on alcohol consumption in countries around the world shows some surprising results.
Top-ranking passports have bounced back almost to pre-pandemic levels in terms of access.
A brokerage firm has researched streets in the world people look at most intensively and consequently find the most aesthetic. We have summarised the...
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
In the bitter “War of Rosé” over Château Miraval, the wine estate of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, the Hollywood actor has to accept a temporary...
Our list of the most beautiful islands in the world is curated for your perfect summer getaway.
British airports have suddenly latched on a previously ignored revenue stream: a drop-off/collection fee for airport passengers.
It is not easy to make the perfect Wiener Schnitzel. The essential ingredient is, of course, the meat – genuine Wiener Schnitzel may only be prepared...
A new clinical trial suggests that a small portion of a mild Norwegian cheese may help to stave off bone thinning.
Travellers can feel safe in these countries: Europe has seven countries in the top ten.
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Every Italian region – sometimes every valley it seems – hides a precious collection of indigenous grape varieties. Here are five exciting examples to...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Beat the heat with an icy cold treat that tastes all the better for being home-made. Here are our favourite ice cream and sorbet recipes.
A new guide from Lonely Planet reveals top European driving routes.
Pampering on the Adriatic: Falstaff’s International Restaurant Guide 2022 recommends the best restaurants in Croatia.
Two holidaymakers have died recently after shark attacks in Egypt. What does this mean for our holidays?
In restaurants or markets, you often can’t tell where the fish and meat on your plate came from. Fish, in particular, is often falsely labelled.