Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Wash and finely chop coriander.
- Scrub the lime, grate zest and squeeze it.
- Wash chilli, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds completely, if the soup should not end up too spicy. Finely chop chilli.
- Peel lemongrass stalk and finely chop the remaining tender core.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in 400ml of boiling water and bring to a boil. Add coconut milk. Add the coriander, lime juice and grated lime, chilli, chopped lemongrass stalk and the grated ginger and bring the soup to the boil again briefly.
- Garnish with the pepper mix and season with a little soy sauce.
- Add bean sprouts just before serving.
- Cook rice noodles or soba noodles (buckwheat noodles) separately.
- If you are feeling very hungry: marinate some organic chicken breast strips in lime juice (30 minutes in the fridge), then cook in the stock for 15 minutes (before adding the coconut milk).
- Alternatively add tofu, fish or seafood.
FIND OUT MORE
Pumpkin Soup with Mango and BananaConstantin Fischer prepares this soup classic with a fruity and exotic touch. Served with succulent meatballs.
Peruvian Chicken Soup: Aguadito de Pollo PeruanoWe love this soup from Peru: The green chicken soup with coriander and spinach is both healthy and delicious.
Porcini and Chestnut SoupThis earthy autumn soup is garnished with roasted hazelnuts and cocoa powder.
Cream of Celeriac SoupA classic soup for celeriac fans!
Asian-Inspired Winter Soup with Vegetables and EggPerfect for cold winter days, this spicy Asian soup by Constantin Fischer will warm your heart and your stomach.
Our inaugural digital summer issue of Falstaff Magazine is here!
Each week, Falstaff highlights a restaurant somewhere on this globe, reviewed by one of our professional eaters.
Sweat beads forming on the forehead, tears swelling in the eyes – these are the physical manifestations of eating hot and spicy foods. Is this...
Have you packed everything for your picnic? Make sure you don’t forget something to sit on: Falstaff has found the best and most beautiful picnic...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.