Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Wash and finely chop coriander.
- Scrub the lime, grate zest and squeeze it.
- Wash chilli, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds completely, if the soup should not end up too spicy. Finely chop chilli.
- Peel lemongrass stalk and finely chop the remaining tender core.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in 400ml of boiling water and bring to a boil. Add coconut milk. Add the coriander, lime juice and grated lime, chilli, chopped lemongrass stalk and the grated ginger and bring the soup to the boil again briefly.
- Garnish with the pepper mix and season with a little soy sauce.
- Add bean sprouts just before serving.
- Cook rice noodles or soba noodles (buckwheat noodles) separately.
- If you are feeling very hungry: marinate some organic chicken breast strips in lime juice (30 minutes in the fridge), then cook in the stock for 15 minutes (before adding the coconut milk).
- Alternatively add tofu, fish or seafood.
FIND OUT MORE
Pumpkin Soup with Mango and BananaConstantin Fischer prepares this soup classic with a fruity and exotic touch. Served with succulent meatballs.
Peruvian Chicken Soup: Aguadito de Pollo PeruanoWe love this soup from Peru: The green chicken soup with coriander and spinach is both healthy and delicious.
Porcini and Chestnut SoupThis earthy autumn soup is garnished with roasted hazelnuts and cocoa powder.
Cream of Celeriac SoupA classic soup for celeriac fans!
Asian-Inspired Winter Soup with Vegetables and EggPerfect for cold winter days, this spicy Asian soup by Constantin Fischer will warm your heart and your stomach.
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
With their aromatic lift and savoury depth, herbs bring that delicious extra dimension to a dish. But don't get stuck in a rut, try these new ways of...
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
The 2021 Bordeaux En Primeur campaign delivered ‘predictable chaos’, with too many wines offering poor value compared to other available vintages,...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...
Where does one go after an illustrious career making one of the world’s most iconic wines? For the Lur Saluces family the answer is: back home.
The inaugural Michelin Guide Dubai has awarded two Michelin stars to two restaurants: Il Ristorante - Niko Romito and STAY by Yannick Alléno.
Wines made or endorsed by famous names are now a firm part of the wine business. If done right, they are a perfect extension of a celebrity’s brand...