For the dark chocolate mousse:
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- For the dark chocolate mousse, first break the chocolate into small pieces. Now whisk the egg yolks until foamy, then whip 300g of whipping cream separately until stiff.
- Heat 60g of whipping cream together with the honey and the liqueur, pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate has dissolved. If not fully melted add gentle heat for several minutes but do not allow to burn. Let it cool down.
- Now fold the stiffly whipped cream into the chocolate mixture with a large spoon, then carefully fold in the egg yolks, which have been beaten until foamy.
- Pour the finished mixture into the prepared glasses using a piping bag and leave to cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
For the white chocolate mousse:
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- For the white chocolate mousse, first mix the powdered gelatine with the cold whipped cream and allow to dissolve and swell.
- Beat the egg yolks until frothy. Then melt the white chocolate and the butter by placing in a bowl in a water bath until fully melted.
- Whip 350 g whipping cream until stiff. Now heat the gelatine to 60 °C. Mix the chocolate, butter, warm gelatine and Baileys with a hand blender and then carefully fold in the whipped cream with a whisk.
- Finally fold in the beaten egg yolks. Remove the dark chocolate mousse from the fridge, and using a piping bag, pipe the white chocolate mousse onto the dark chocolate mousse and refrigerate.
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
From seafood pasta and moules frites to grilled tiger prawns and oysters, our seafood recipes celebrate the tastiest and freshest dishes from the sea.
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
Italy is Europe’s largest producer of caviar, second only to China and ahead of Russia. Here's all you need to know about these delicious fish eggs,...
The Spanish claim, with some justification, to have invented mayonnaise. The French don't like it, but it doesn't change their reputation for being...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The house has revived its prestige cuvée named in honour of its founder Charles Heidsieck, the original Champagne Charlie, for the bicentenary of his...
It’s Wimbledon time, and while players throw themselves around the court, the thousands of tennis fans watching them will be achieving some equally...