For the almond milk
For the pudding
For the strawberries in syrup
- First make the almond milk. Put the almonds in a bowl of water and leave to soak for at least 1 hour (8 hours is even better).
- Strain the almonds, discard the soaking water, and place the nuts in a stand mixer with 300ml fresh water.
- Blend the almonds and water for 1–2 minutes. (At this stage, the almond milk can be kept covered in the refrigerator for 2–3 days.)
- For the pudding, mix the almond milk, vanilla pulp, honey, melted coconut oil and salt in a bowl. Whisk together, slowly adding the chia seeds so that no lumps form.
- Soak the chia seeds in the almond milk for at least 20 minutes, then chill until just before serving. (The pudding can be made ahead to this stage 2–3 days in advance and kept covered in the fridge.)
- Just before serving, prepare the strawberries. Halve or quarter them, depending on size. Place in a bowl, add the maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix gently.
- Spoon the chia pudding into bowls and serve topped with the strawberries, with mint sprigs to garnish.
- Fresh almond milk is very quick to make yourself; all you need is a hand blender. It tastes much better than store-bought almond milk and is cheaper too.
- Chia seeds are high in Omega-3 fatty acids.
FIND OUT MORE
Banana MuffinsIf you're after a quick-to-make but nourishing lunchbox snack – or a breakfast on the go – these simple but delicious gluten-free banana muffins (made without refined sugar) may be just what you need.
Smoked Salmon BagelsA sesame-seed bagel filled with cream cheese and salmon and a touch of fresh dill: it's a dish that's more than the sum of its parts, and it makes breakfast feel a little bit special.
Bombay SandwichThis spicy, crunchy sandwich is one of Mumbai's most popular street food snacks, from the famed 'Karma Food Currys'.
Scotch Quail EggsTraditionally, the eggs are wrapped in spicy sausage meat, breaded and combined with piccalilli. But there are many other variations of this Scottish speciality.
Grilled Cauliflower with Padron Peppers and SalsaBittersweet chocolate gives this classic Catalan salsa a mysterious force – and turns simply grilled cauliflower into a memorable dish.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
Between Pacific and Andes, roaring ocean and rugged rocks, Peru's perfect blend of indigenous and immigrant cultures has created a compelling...
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...
With their aromatic lift and savoury depth, herbs bring that delicious extra dimension to a dish. But don't get stuck in a rut, try these new ways of...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
Wines made or endorsed by famous names are now a firm part of the wine business. If done right, they are a perfect extension of a celebrity’s brand...