Rhubarb Chutney with Cheese Sticks
Rhubarb Chutney with Cheese Sticks
© COMTÉ by Food & Foto, Hamburg
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Allow the raspberries to thaw.
- Wash and clean the rhubarb. Cut one stalk into thin slices. Cut the remaining rhubarb into pieces approx. 1 cm wide.
- Peel the onion, halve and cut into fine rings.
- Heat the oil in a pot. Sauté the onion in it. Add the brown sugar and over a medium heat carefully let it caramelise until it turns light brown and syrupy. Add the larger pieces of rhubarb and mustard seeds to the pan, mix and deglaze with the raspberry vinegar. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining rhubarb and the thawed raspberries and cook for another 3 minutes. Season the chutney with salt, pepper and possibly a little sugar to taste, pour into prepared glass jars and leave to cool.
- Cut the comté or hard mountain cheese into strips and serve with the chutney.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
Between Pacific and Andes, roaring ocean and rugged rocks, Peru's perfect blend of indigenous and immigrant cultures has created a compelling...
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...
With their aromatic lift and savoury depth, herbs bring that delicious extra dimension to a dish. But don't get stuck in a rut, try these new ways of...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
Wines made or endorsed by famous names are now a firm part of the wine business. If done right, they are a perfect extension of a celebrity’s brand...