This recipe serves from 6 to 8 people
Preparation marinated lamb:
- To make the marinade, put the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary leaves and mint in a blender and combine.
- Place the leg of lamb in a non-stick roasting tray. Cover the meat with the marinade, cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least two hours. Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
- Remove the cling film, season the meat with salt and pepper. Cover the roasting tray with aluminium foil and place in the oven to roast for three hours. Remove from the oven and remove the foil.
- Peel the garlic and cut in half. Spread garlic around the meat and pour some of hte roasting juices over it.
- Roast uncovered for a further two hours until the meat is tender.
- 20 minutes before the finished roasting time, arrange apricots around the meat and heat through. Char the limes in a grill pan on a medium heat and then also add to the roasting tray. Scatter pomegranate seeds over the meat.
- Serve with homemade hummus, cucumber yogurt, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh radishes.
- Put tahini and lemon juice in a blender.
- Blend for one minute, scraping everything off the side so that the mixture collects at the bottom of the blender, and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Add chickpeas and mix again. Then add boiling water until a smooth mass is formed. Season to taste with salt and pepper and place in a bowl.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate. Just before serving, divide the hummus between bowls and drizzle with a little olive oil and paprika powder.
Preparation cucumber yogurt:
- Remove the ends of the cucumber, then cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Cut into slices and place in a bowl.
- Mix yogurt, mint and garlic in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the yogurt over the sliced cucumber and mix well.
FIND OUT MORE
Sri Lankan Lamb CurryThe unofficial national dish of Sri Lanka is not only deliciously aromatic, but also easy to prepare. From the cookbook “Food Truck Kitchen”.
Crown Roast of Lamb with Glazed VegetablesA crown roast of lamb is an enduring classic, and very easy and quick to cook.
Roast Tiger PrawnsWe serve Tiger prawns with a peanut coconut dip and fresh herbs.
Persian Roast ChickenA succulent and crispy roast chicken, with a hint of bayleaf and orange.
Celeriac and Apple Salad with Roast NutsThe combination of apple and celeriac is an all-time favourite. Just add fresh tarragon, roasted almonds and hazelnuts to turn it in to a delicious starter!
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
A new wave of Pinotage has swept across from South Africa, making a whole new case for the country's flagship red grape. And it is a real...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
Falstaff's wine editors have compiled the ultimate list of the world’s 100 most iconic red wine estates. Here are the New World wineries that made the...
Detoxes don’t have to be punishing. In fact, taking the time to focus on your mind, body or spiritual side can give you the energy to recharge and...
Smart seaside dining is a holiday treat, but cheaper, casual venues often deliver seafood that’s just as delicious with a relaxed local ambience. Here...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
Falstaff's wine editors have compiled the ultimate list of the world’s 100 most iconic red wine estates. Here are the wineries from Italy that made...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
Wines costing over €1,000 have long since ceased to be a rarity, usually they are strictly limited and highly coveted by a steadily growing number of...
Tributes are flowing for legendary Bordeaux winery owner Anthony Barton who died at the age of 91.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Now with new tasting notes.
Falstaff's wine editors have compiled the ultimate list of the world’s 100 most iconic red wine estates. Here are the wineries from France that made...
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.