For strawberries in syrup:
Preparation of puff pastry feuilletés:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll out the puff pastry thinly to approx. 0.5cm thickness. Cut the pastry into rectangular pieces and place on the baking trays lined with baking paper. (See images).
- Mix the milk, egg and sugar in a bowl and brush the pastry with a pastry brush to coat fully. Bake the pastry for about 12 minutes in the pre-heated oven until golden brown. Remove and transfer the hot pastries to racks to cool down. Preparation mascarpone cream.
- Soak the gelatine in a shallow bowl, ensure it is completely covered with very icy water (use ice if possible) for 4-5 minutes. If you are using more than one sheet, make sure that they don´t stick together. When soft, remove and squeeze the sheet/s gently to remove excess water.
- Prepare a piping bag with medium, round nozzle. Whip the mascarpone with a hand or machine mixer. Slowly add the egg yolks, vanilla pulp and sugar and beat until you have a smooth mixture, then keep to one side.
- Put the rum and softened gelatine into a saucepan and gently heat until the gelatine has dissolved. Then pour into the mascarpone cream and mix thoroughly. Place the finished mascarpone cream in the piping bag, tie up the open end with string or bag tie to ensure the mix does not spill out and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Preparation strawberries in syrup:
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, vanilla pulp and pod, water and lemon zest to boil. Then immediately turn down the heat to a simmer and stir for several minutes until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, strain through a fine sieve and then let sieved syrup cool down. Clean the strawberries, cut off the stalk and green leaf then cut into halves or quarters depending on size.
- Coat the strawberries with the syrup and place to one side. To serve. Take the small puff pastry rectangles and pipe the mascarpone cream on top of each one. Carefully place the strawberries that have been coated with the syrup on top of the cream in a decoratively. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Champagne Bollinger R.D. 2007 – Bollinger Launches the Latest Vintage of Its Flagship Wine - Récemment Dégorgé 2007
Campari, gin and vermouth: these are the three ingredients of the legendary cocktail classic Negroni. It was named after Count Negroni and comes in...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.
Falstaff’s man about town talks about a great love affair – that between food and wine.