- Rinse the parsley and shake dry, pluck off the leaves and chop. Peel, halve and finely dice the onion.
- Wipe mushrooms with kitchen paper to remove end residues (do not wash), and cut off dry stem ends.
- Cut the mushrooms into 3 to 5mm thick slices - not too thin, then less water will escape later during frying and the mushrooms will retain more bite.
- Cut the meat across the grain into thin slices. The thinner the slices, the more tender the finished meat will be. A thickness of 3 to 4mm is perfect.
- Then cut the slices of meat into strips the width of a finger. It will be cooked in batches.
- Heat a large, heavy pan on high heat. Put in 1 tablespoon of clarified butter and let it melt.
- Fry a third of the meat in it over a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until light brown - do not move or add salt for the first 2 minutes.
- After these first 2 minutes, dust the meat with a little flour, toss or stir once and continue frying until cooked. Then slide the meat into a shallow bowl.
- Wipe out the pan not too thoroughly with kitchen paper, heat again and fry the second portion of meat with 1 tablespoon of clarified butter. And finally the third portion with the remaining butter.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the empty pan and fry over a high heat for 2 minutes until light brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and reduce by about a third until the sauce becomes somewhat creamy. Add the parsley and stir in.
- Now season the meat with salt and pepper, add it back to the pan and let everything cook for another minute - not much longer, otherwise the meat will be dry and tough.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, arrange on warmed plates and serve. This goes particularly well with rösti or mashed potatoes.
FIND OUT MORE
Meat Sauce for Pasta: Ragu di CarneThe classic meat sauce for Piedmontese Tajarín made from a mixture of minced veal (beef) and pork. Equally good with rabbit, lamb or Italian sausage.
Monkfish Stuffed with Olives and PinenutsThe firm, boneless meat of the monkfish has an exquisite flavour, highlighted by olives and pine nuts.
Pork Fillet with Feta-Hazelnut Crust and Bulgur WheatConstantin Fischer serves the tender meat with Swiss chard and bulgur
Thai Pork: Pad GapraoJulian Kutos introduces Pad Gaprao: crispy seared minced meat with oyster sauce and Thai basil, simply delicious.
Classic Beef GoulashThe secret to a perfect goulash is simplicity - slow-cooked onions, meat and paprika create a perfect hearty dish.
Pumpkin Soup with Mango and BananaConstantin Fischer prepares this soup classic with a fruity and exotic touch. Served with succulent meatballs.
Fig and Goat Cheese Tart with Rosemary and HoneyThis fig and goat cheese tart is very versatile and can be topped with fruit, vegetables, meat or fish.
Pasta with Clams and MusselsThe delicious juice that clams and mussels release as they cook is as good as their meat. In order not to waste a drop, we boil it down to make a creamy sauce for pasta
Wild Boar Sauce for Pasta: Ragu di CinghialeOur dish here is a classic, simple ragout as cooked in Campania, in the south of Italy: a thick, hearty stew with meat and tomatoes.
Pasta: Spaghetti il Padrino from 'The Godfather''The Godfather' trilogy made the city of Corleone famous. Here is the recipe from the film.
Risotto alla MilaneseThe Italian classic from Lombardy is creamy and aromatic
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner, a stand-up party or sit-down feast, kick off with one of our easy-to-make cocktails to set the mood for...
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
Oz Clarke is a larger than life character. Falstaff met the TV personality, actor, entertainer, connoisseur and writer and he was as ebullient,...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
Snow bunnies and powder hounds rejoice - we've rounded up the most sensational ski resorts across Europe and North America for a magical mountain...
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
The world’s leading safety, product and COVID rating website AirlineRating.com has revealed the best airlines worldwide in 2021.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon is the inspired cellar master of Champagne Louis Roederer and the man behind Cristal - one of the most thrilling prestige...
Ward off the winter blues by splashing out on some bottles of delicious things, especially if they can multi-task on different occasions. Here’s our...
The US state of New York recently legalised cannabis for recreational use. Within a very short time this has become a huge market that politicians,...