For the risotto:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the trout tartare: Prepare 24 hours ahead of the risotto
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the marinade:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Peel the onion and cut into small cubes and sauté in a pot with sesame oil, add the rice and cook for approx. 2 minutes. Deglaze with white wine, gradually pour in the stock allowing the rice to absorb the stock before adding more. Be careful to not allow the rice to stick to the bottom of the pan whilst adding the stock by ensuring you stir well. The cooking time depends on the type of rice. After approx. 20 minutes add the garlic, bay leaf and cinnamon stick and continue to simmer the risotto. At the end it should have a nice, slurpy consistency with al dente rice. Coarsely chop the basil and add to a risotto bowl with the olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Mix well and add a little pepper.
- For the dressing, grind the spices in a food processor. Add salt, sugar and fresh thyme and sprinkle the spice mixture over the fish. Drizzle with olive oil and seal in vacuum bag. Leave to infuse in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Take the trout out of the refrigerator, remove the pickle and the skin and cut it into fine cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, juice of one lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped mint for the marinade.
- To serve, place the risotto rice in a bowl, place the trout on top, then drizzle with the marinade.
FIND OUT MORE
Risotto alla MilaneseThe Italian classic from Lombardy is creamy and aromatic
Risotto with Pumpkin and GorgonzolaThe risotto provides the necessary melt - and it is one of the best dishes of autumn!
Risotto with Mange Tout and RicottaConstantin Fischer refines his risotto with Mange tout, ricotta, asparagus, bacon and mushrooms.
Risotto - The Basic RecipeTurning a simple rice dish into a culinary delight? Only Italians can do that. Severin Corti reveals the secrets of the art of risotto preparation.
Risotto GenoveseAs basil sprouts again in gardens, food blogger Julian Kutos blends pesto genovese with risotto.
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner, a stand-up party or sit-down feast, kick off with one of our easy-to-make cocktails to set the mood for...
Snow bunnies and powder hounds rejoice - we've rounded up the most sensational ski resorts across Europe and North America for a magical mountain...
Oz Clarke is a larger than life character. Falstaff met the TV personality, actor, entertainer, connoisseur and writer and he was as ebullient,...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
The world’s leading safety, product and COVID rating website AirlineRating.com has revealed the best airlines worldwide in 2021.
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
Non-alcoholic spirits are booming despite the fact that it is, to put it mildly, difficult to imitate gin, whisky, rum & co without the all important...
The US state of New York recently legalised cannabis for recreational use. Within a very short time this has become a huge market that politicians,...
Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon is the inspired cellar master of Champagne Louis Roederer and the man behind Cristal - one of the most thrilling prestige...