For the chicken skewers:
For the peanut sauce:
For the garnish:
- For the marinade, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, add to the marinade and leave in the fridge for 2 hours. Then thread the chicken on skewers.
- Fry the chicken skewers in a pan with oil or grill them. Finally season with pepper.
- Shell the peanuts, leave the brown skin on the nuts.
- Heat a pan without oil, toast the peanuts until they are browned and you can smell the toasted aroma.
- Leave the peanuts to cool, then chop coarsely.
- Put the remaining ingredients (except the water) in a bowl and whisk together. Slowly stir in the water until you have a creamy consistency, using as much or as little as you like to achieve your desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Serve with fresh coriander and finely chopped spring onions. The sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for several days.
- Ideally marinate the chicken overnight so that the meat can absorb plenty of flavour.
- For the best peanut taste always buy whole, unroasted peanuts. These can be stored longer with the shell and can be processed and roasted as desired.
- The thin brown skin which surrounds the peanuts should always be eaten, as it has a lot of flavour.
- The marinade is also suitable for other cuts of chicken (legs, wings, etc), meats (pork, beef) or even fish and shrimp.
FIND OUT MORE
Chicken Thighs with Preserved LemonA light chicken dish that is perfect for warm spring days.
Chicken Stuffed with Chestnut and SalsicciaSometimes the stuffing is the best part of the roast chicken. As the bird cooks, it soaks up all the delicious aromas. Chestnuts make the stuffing extra velvety.
Hainanese Chicken RiceStrictly speaking, this cult dish of Chinese cuisine is much more than a soup: the chicken is cooked in it, and so is the rice. And at the end you drink the hot, clear soup with it.
Peruvian Chicken Soup: Aguadito de Pollo PeruanoWe love this soup from Peru: The green chicken soup with coriander and spinach is both healthy and delicious.
Lemon Chicken: Poulet au CitronThe acidity of the lemon and the sweetness of the garlic make this very special French chicken dish sing.
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner, a stand-up party or sit-down feast, kick off with one of our easy-to-make cocktails to set the mood for...
Snow bunnies and powder hounds rejoice - we've rounded up the most sensational ski resorts across Europe and North America for a magical mountain...
Oz Clarke is a larger than life character. Falstaff met the TV personality, actor, entertainer, connoisseur and writer and he was as ebullient,...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
The world’s leading safety, product and COVID rating website AirlineRating.com has revealed the best airlines worldwide in 2021.
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
Non-alcoholic spirits are booming despite the fact that it is, to put it mildly, difficult to imitate gin, whisky, rum & co without the all important...
The US state of New York recently legalised cannabis for recreational use. Within a very short time this has become a huge market that politicians,...
Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon is the inspired cellar master of Champagne Louis Roederer and the man behind Cristal - one of the most thrilling prestige...