For the ravioli dough:
- Put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl of a food processor and knead slowly for 5 minutes.
- Increase the speed and knead again for another 5 minutes. The dough should be rather firm, not too liquid, but elastic in texture.
- Add more egg or durum wheat semolina as needed. Leave the dough to rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Flatten the dough by hand and divide into 5cm wide pieces. Roll out the dough by hand or with a pasta machine on the thinnest setting.
For the asparagus filling:
- Remove the woody part of the asparagus stem and roughly chop. Boil for 3-5 minutes in salted water.
- Add 1 teaspoon sugar. Pick out asparagus tips and keep to one side.
- Allow the asparagus to cool, coarsely puree the stems in a food processor or with a hand blender with the mascarpone, lemon, egg, salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of filling on the long strips of dough, in the middle. Brush around the filling with egg.
- Place a second strip of pasta dough on top of the filling, press down well with your fingers.
- Cut out with a ravioli or biscuit cutter. Flour the ravioli well so that they do not stick together.
- Cook the ravioli in boiling salted water at 100°C for 1 to 2 minutes until they float to the surface and remove with a slotted spoon.
- To serve: Melt butter, add asparagus tips, pour warm butter over the ravioli, grate lemon zest and Parmesan over the top. Season with black pepper.
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner, a stand-up party or sit-down feast, kick off with one of our easy-to-make cocktails to set the mood for...
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
Oz Clarke is a larger than life character. Falstaff met the TV personality, actor, entertainer, connoisseur and writer and he was as ebullient,...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
Snow bunnies and powder hounds rejoice - we've rounded up the most sensational ski resorts across Europe and North America for a magical mountain...
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
The world’s leading safety, product and COVID rating website AirlineRating.com has revealed the best airlines worldwide in 2021.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon is the inspired cellar master of Champagne Louis Roederer and the man behind Cristal - one of the most thrilling prestige...
Ward off the winter blues by splashing out on some bottles of delicious things, especially if they can multi-task on different occasions. Here’s our...
The US state of New York recently legalised cannabis for recreational use. Within a very short time this has become a huge market that politicians,...