For the custard:
- Scrape out the vanilla pod. Set aside a pinch of vanilla pulp. Place the milk, whipping cream, salt, remaining vanilla pulp and the scraped vanilla pod in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Then remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is pale yellow.
- Pour the egg and sugar mixture into the hot milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. The sauce should be thick enough to cover a spoon after dipping. Transfer the sauce and chill.
For the raspberry parfait:
- Puree the raspberries with the egg yolks, icing sugar, salt, a pinch of vanilla pulp and lemon juice using a hand blender.
- Add the mascarpone and purée again.
- The parfait can be served immediately. If you would like the parfait to be ice cold and a little firmer, place it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours.
- Use a dessert ring for precision and perfect presentation. Pour the parfait into the ring and then remove the ring.
- Place cold parfait on a plate, place fresh raspberries on top of the parfait, dust with icing sugar, serve with vanilla custard.
- Frozen berries are better for the parfait, as the mousse is immediately cold. Reduce or increase the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
Any other berries or fruits can be used instead of raspberries.
- The parfait can be refined with rum, Grand Marnier or a liqueur.
- If you have guests, you can fill the parfait into dessert rings and freeze for a few hours. Allow to defrost before serving.
- The parfait is not suitable for long freezing. Without a special sugar (like glucose), ice crystals will form during freezing.
You can find impressions in the picture gallery:
FIND OUT MORE
Strawberry and Mascarpone FeuilletéA strawberry delight that is as elegant as delicious.
Strawberry TiramisuJulian Kutos creates summer on a plate with this fruity and sweet dessert.
Strawberry and Rhubarb SemifreddoIce cream, cake, dessert – a semifreddo is all of these things. Here is our seasonal strawberry and rhubarb recipe.
Chocolate and Chestnut MousseFresh chestnuts give this wonderfully creamy mousse an autumnal touch
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
With their aromatic lift and savoury depth, herbs bring that delicious extra dimension to a dish. But don't get stuck in a rut, try these new ways of...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
The inaugural Michelin Guide Dubai has awarded two Michelin stars to two restaurants: Il Ristorante - Niko Romito and STAY by Yannick Alléno.
Between Pacific and Andes, roaring ocean and rugged rocks, Peru's perfect blend of indigenous and immigrant cultures has created a compelling...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.