For 4 pizzas, diameter: 20 cm
For the dough:
For the topping:
- Dissolve the honey and yeast in 60 ml warm water in a bowl. Put the dough hook in the food processor and then mix the flour and salt together. Add the oil, the yeast mixture and the remaining water and slowly mix in.
- Knead for 5 minutes until the dough separates from the edge of the bowl.
- Place the dough on a clean work surface and knead with your hands for another 2 to 3 minutes. The dough should feel soft and smooth.
- Cover the dough with a clean, damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven (ideally with a pizza stone) to 260 °C for 30 minutes on the middle shelf.
- Divide the dough into four balls. Each should weigh about 170 g. Pull the edges of the balls slightly downwards and at the bottom into the middle. Repeat four to five times until a round soft ball is formed. Then roll the dough ball on a non-floured surface with your hands until it forms a uniform ball.
- Then let the dough balls rise again under a damp cloth for 20 to 25 minutes. If you want to prepare the dough, you can wrap it in plastic wrap at this time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To prepare the pizzas, roll the dough ball in flour, tap off the excess flour and then roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it has a diameter of 20 centimetres. The edge should be a little thicker than the inside of the pizza.
- Place the dough patties on a wooden board lightly sprinkled with flour. Brush the entire pizza except the edge with olive oil and spread the sliced red onion strips on top.
- Bake the pizzas (on the pizza stone) for 8 to 12 minutes until a golden brown crust has formed.
- Mix the dill with the sour cream or the crème fraîche and then season with freshly ground pepper.
- Spread over the pizza bases and then arrange the thinly sliced salmon and caviar on top, slice the pizzas and serve immediately.
FIND OUT MORE
Portobello Mushroom "Pizzas"Who says pizza and gluten-free don't go together? True Neapolitans might not agree these delicious portobellos qualify as real pizzas but they will find them delicious!
Pizza with Smoked Salmon and CaviarProbably one of the most legendary dishes that Wolfgang Puck serves every year at the Oscars in Hollywood.
Pizza Dough - RomanRecipe for a slightly thinner, crispy pizza - enough for eight medium-sized pizzas.
Pizza Dough - NeapolitanRecipe for a thick and fluffy pizza dough - enough for eight medium-sized pizzas.
Pizza MargheritaThe culinary epitome of Naples! The "Margherita" is a classic among pizzas and was invented in 1889 in honour of Queen Margherita's visit to Naples by the pizza maker Esposito. His Pizzeria called Brandi was founded in 1780 and still exists today.
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Falstaff is teaming up with the 135-year-old Maison Saint Aix winery in Provence, France, to offer a 6L bottle of the award-winning AIX Rosé 2021....
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
From seafood pasta and moules frites to grilled tiger prawns and oysters, our seafood recipes celebrate the tastiest and freshest dishes from the sea.
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
Italy is Europe’s largest producer of caviar, second only to China and ahead of Russia. Here's all you need to know about these delicious fish eggs,...
The Spanish claim, with some justification, to have invented mayonnaise. The French don't like it, but it doesn't change their reputation for being...
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The house has revived its prestige cuvée named in honour of its founder Charles Heidsieck, the original Champagne Charlie, for the bicentenary of his...
It’s Wimbledon time, and while players throw themselves around the court, the thousands of tennis fans watching them will be achieving some equally...