T-Bone Steak with Fennel & Asparagus Salad
T-bone steak with fennel and asparagus salad.
© Constantin Fischer
For the beef
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the salad:
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Preheat oven to 100°C.
- Salt and pepper the steak and sear it in a pan over high heat, first on the bone, then on the fat side and then on both sides. Place in an ovenproof dish and cook at 100°C for one and a half hours.
- Wash the fennel, pat dry and cut the green from the bulb. Cut in half, remove the stalk with a knife, cut in half again, cut into thin strips and place in a bowl. Trim 2cm off the stalks of the asparagus, peel, cut diagonally into oblong slices and add to the fennel in the bowl. Squeeze over the juice of the lime. Add salt, pepper, ground coriander and olive oil and mix well.
- Leave the salad for 10 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Quarter the strawberries and add to the salad with the fine green of the fennel and chopped mint before serving. Stir gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a flat plate and serve with the beef and a dry-aged spice mix, mustard, pesto or whatever your heart desires.
See images of the preparation in the photo gallery.
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner, a stand-up party or sit-down feast, kick off with one of our easy-to-make cocktails to set the mood for...
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
Oz Clarke is a larger than life character. Falstaff met the TV personality, actor, entertainer, connoisseur and writer and he was as ebullient,...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
Snow bunnies and powder hounds rejoice - we've rounded up the most sensational ski resorts across Europe and North America for a magical mountain...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
The world’s leading safety, product and COVID rating website AirlineRating.com has revealed the best airlines worldwide in 2021.
Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon is the inspired cellar master of Champagne Louis Roederer and the man behind Cristal - one of the most thrilling prestige...
Ward off the winter blues by splashing out on some bottles of delicious things, especially if they can multi-task on different occasions. Here’s our...
The US state of New York recently legalised cannabis for recreational use. Within a very short time this has become a huge market that politicians,...