For the shortcrust pastry:
For the filling:
- Cut butter into small pieces and mix with remaining pastry ingredients to make a shortcrust pastry.
- Roll the pastry out thinly (3mm) between 2 sheets of baking paper. Put in the refrigerator until the pastry is firm.
- Remove the outer layer of the leek and cut off the top and bottom and discard. Then cut the leek into fine slices and sauté in the butter.
- Clean and cut the asparagus into thirds and put the tips aside.
- Put the water in a pot, bring to a simmer, add the asparagus ends and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus tips and cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from the water.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- While the leeks and asparagus are cooling, beat the eggs until frothy and stir in the sour cream and crème fraîche.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Grate the parmesan and cut the wild garlic into fine strips.
- Add the leek, parmesan and wild garlic to the egg mixture and fold in carefully.
- Remove the pastry dough from the refrigerator. Then place the rolled out dough in a buttered quiche tin or dish and press down lightly.
- Pour in the asparagus-egg mixture and top with the asparagus.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the oven or until firm to touch
The Global Drug Survey has crowned Australians as the heaviest drinkers in the world in 2020.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
The 2020 vintage of Burgundy is out and being sold en primeur, or while the wine is still in the barrel. Merchants from Hong Kong to London are...
These countries, regions and cities are hot travel destinations in the year ahead.
A new wave of Pinotage has swept across from South Africa, making a whole new case for the country's flagship red grape. And it is a real...
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner, a stand-up party or sit-down feast, kick off with one of our easy-to-make cocktails to set the mood for...
Disruptions in supply chains, crop damage and a shift in consumer drinking attitudes are all trends to watch in the future, according to GlobalData.
You might have overdone it a little but that's no reason to throw cheese away...here's a few ideas for using up all those gnarly looking bits and bobs...
American Airlines has decided to extend the ban on alcohol in its main cabins until next year.
Falstaff's wine editors have compiled the ultimate list of the world’s 100 most iconic red wine estates. Here are the New World wineries that made the...
Detoxes don’t have to be punishing. In fact, taking the time to focus on your mind, body or spiritual side can give you the energy to recharge and...
Shares in the low-carb, clean winemaker, founded by actresses Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, plunged 30% on their market debut.
Smart seaside dining is a holiday treat, but cheaper, casual venues often deliver seafood that’s just as delicious with a relaxed local ambience. Here...
Snow bunnies and powder hounds rejoice - we've rounded up the most sensational ski resorts across Europe and North America for a magical mountain...
The legendary hotel will become part of the Four Seasons Group and will be renovated for around €30 million by 2024.
While each species of deer from roe to reindeer has subtle flavour differences, the most important factors are cut and cuisson. Here are the top 10...
Oz Clarke is a larger than life character. Falstaff met the TV personality, actor, entertainer, connoisseur and writer and he was as ebullient,...