For the veal breast
Ingredients (Serves 5)
For the filling
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- Ask your butcher to prepare the veal breast for you by undercutting it, i.e. to a pocket cut into it.
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- For the filling, remove the crusts from the bread, soak them in milk for a few minutes, then squeeze them well and cut into cubes.
- Heat the beef bone marrow in a pan, add the onion and brown briefly, then add the parsley. Mix in the bread cubes.
- Add the eggs and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Fill the the pocket in the veal breast. Do not use too much filling – it will expand during roasting. Sew up the opening or tie it closed with kitchen string.
- Put the veal bones in a roasting tin large enough for the breast and place the stuffed breast on the bed of bones.
- Pour in the hot stock. Roast the breast until the stuffing has reached a core temperature of 60°C (3–4 hours).
- Baste the meat with the pan juices regularly as it cooks.
- Switch the oven temperature to 220°C top heat (or heat the grill to high and place the veal under it) and let the breast colour for ten minutes. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, return the pan with the bones to the oven and reduce the pan juices a little.
- Strain the pan juices into a saucepan and stir in the cold butter.
- Add a little flour if desired and bring to the boil briefly to thicken the sauce.
- Remove any thread or string, then slice the veal breast and serve with the sauce.
Step by Step nachkochen:
FIND OUT MORE
OssobucoA recipe from Rome: Nicola Zamperetti shows Falstaff how to prepare the traditional Italian dish ossobuco. Instead of gremolata, this dish is finished with a vegetable vinaigrette, which gives it extra freshness. Serve it with risotto Milanese, made with saffron.
Chateaubriand SauceThis classic French sauce is a great companion for steak.
Swiss Classic: Zurich-style vealZürcher Geschnetzeltes or Zurich-style veal is served in a creamy mushroom sauce. Mövenpick reveals how it works particularly well.
Meat Sauce for Pasta: Ragu di CarneThe classic meat sauce for Piedmontese Tajarín made from a mixture of minced veal (beef) and pork. Equally good with rabbit, lamb or Italian sausage.
Passport holders from some countries can visit more than 190 destinations worldwide without a visa.
The current requirements to enter America, which were set to be scrapped at the start of the year, will continue into April 2023.
Data on alcohol consumption in countries around the world shows some surprising results.
In the bitter “War of Rosé” over Château Miraval, the wine estate of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, the Hollywood actor has to accept a temporary...
Aircraft was climbing when luggage suddenly started to be sucked out following a door failure.
A brokerage firm has researched streets in the world people look at most intensively and consequently find the most aesthetic. We have summarised the...
French workers plan industrial action from January 31.
It seems noone wants to invest or move to this village even though though the area is ideally suited for wine growing.
Snow crabs are no longer found in the waters off Alaska – no one knows whether they will return.
Because Taiwan was referred to as a separate country in an advertising campaign, manufacturer Mars Wrigley has had to issue an apology.
Spain has announced that it will be extending its free train travel scheme, launched earlier this year, until the end of 2023.
The King’s Lockheed Jetstar will go up for auction in January.
Our list of the most beautiful islands in the world is curated for your perfect summer getaway.
It is not easy to make the perfect Wiener Schnitzel. The essential ingredient is, of course, the meat – genuine Wiener Schnitzel may only be prepared...
Canadian tech company Aurea wants European support for its project.
Travellers can feel safe in these countries: Europe has seven countries in the top ten.
A last-ditch bid to save a regional UK airport has been revealed.
Two holidaymakers have died recently after shark attacks in Egypt. What does this mean for our holidays?
Passengers end up back where they started after Auckland Airport closes due to heavy rain.