Preparation time: 60 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Heat a dash of olive oil in wide pan. Sauté the onion and garlic with a little salt for 5 minutes until translucent. Increase the heat and add the wine, allowing it to reduce by half. Once reduced add the wild rice to the pan together with the soaking liquid, cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Put the kale in a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Knead the leaves until they have turned a dark green colour and are soft to the touch.
- Tear the mozzarella into bite-sized pieces. Mix with sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- When the rice is cooked, pour off the remaining liquid and leave the rice to cool.
- Once the rice is cool, mix together with the halved cherry tomatoes, kale and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Garnish with the mozzarella and the sauce and serve.
Tired of serving shop-bought nibbles with your aperitif or simply fancy a savoury snack? Here are five ways to turn a packet of puff pastry into...
Whether Hokkaido or butternut, pumpkin is suitable for so much more than just Halloween decorations. Here we reveal our best pumpkin recipes.
Upper Cut Media House presents the world's best steak restaurants in its 2022 ranking – and a London steakhouse has beaten Buenos Aires for the top...
A fabulous dressing can spice up the plainest salad. Here are five tried-and-tested recipes that are a step up from a classic vinaigrette.
Every July and August thousands of animals migrate from Tanzania’s Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara in search of fresh pastures. It is one of the last...
To mark International Banana Day, we present our favourite recipes with the exotic fruit or its syrup – from cake and muffins to soup and cocktails.
Fancy a trip to Italy but want to avoid the big cities? Here are some beautiful towns you have to visit.
There's no better way to discover a city than on foot. A new study shows which European cities are best for pedestrians to explore.
Making a trip to the Big Apple? Here are Falstaff's six favourite watering holes offering everything from old world cocktails and fabulous views to...
Avocados are healthy, nutritious and can be enjoyed in so many different ways. We show you our favourite recipes with the delicious fruit.
Raise a glass (or two) to English Wine Week running from June 18-26 by visiting these five UK wineries from Sussex to southwest London.
There have been many copies, but there is only one original dry vermouth. Our writer makes a pilgrimage to Noilly Prat in Marseillan in the south of...
Tripadvisor has announced the best destinations for food lovers in 2022. Rome claims the No.1 spot for its culinary supremacy.
Between Pacific and Andes, roaring ocean and rugged rocks, Peru's perfect blend of indigenous and immigrant cultures has created a compelling...
Air New Zealand has topped the AirlineRatings' 2022 safest airlines ranking of 385 operators worldwide.
As every bartender knows, gin is the basis of some of the world's most legendary cocktails. We present the top 5 to mix at home.
Sushi is an addiction that has conquered the world in the last 50 years. Here is our list of the 25 top sushi places, outside Japan.
As the temperature rises, these refreshing berry cocktail recipes will cool you down and provide a delicious, grown-up taste of summer.
The NiceRx platform has analysed 50 countries around the world and measured them on a range of happiness factors. Switzerland topped the list with the...