Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Wash and cut the red cabbage into thin strips and put in a bowl. Lightly salt, stir around with your hands and leave to stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Segment the oranges and grapefruit and collect the grapefruit juice. Tear grapefruit segments into smaller pieces.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts and coriander, cut the chillies into fine rings, thinly slice or grate the carrots.
- Mix grapefruit juice, lemon juice, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, sesame paste and chilli to make a marinade.
- Drain the red cabbage and mix with marinade, add citrus fruits, peanuts, carrots and coriander and serve.
FIND OUT MORE
Salad of Porcini MushroomsConstantin Fischer combines culinary delights of the forest with a crisp salad.
Lentil Salad with SalsaThis salad is perfect for lunch at home or at the office.
Hearty Tomato Salad with Italian SalsicciaA quick and colourful dish by Constantin Fischer: Italian sausage with a tomato salad.
Warm Steak SaladThis juicy steak salad takes centre stage at any garden party.
Warm Octopus SaladSeverin Corti demonstrates how to master octopus cookery.
Celeriac and Apple Salad with Roast NutsThe combination of apple and celeriac is an all-time favourite. Just add fresh tarragon, roasted almonds and hazelnuts to turn it in to a delicious starter!
Carrot and Almond Salad with BeefConstantin Fischer creates a perfect combination of crisp vegetables and succulent beef.
Marinated Turkey Skewers with Avocado and Orange Salad.A wonderfully light dish, perfect for sizzling summer days.
Tuscan Classic: Panzanella with Red Peppers and CeleryAn Italian bread salad with plenty of vegetables, basil and olive oil by Julian Kutos.
Preserved LemonPreserved Lemons add an exquisite touch to salads and go wonderfully with chicken or fish. They even put a little bit of magic in whipped butter. Constantin Fischer´s recipe: How to preserve a lemon.
Onglet with Quinoa and CucumberThis tender steak is served with a fresh cucumber and quinoa salad.
Our inaugural digital summer issue of Falstaff Magazine is here!
Each week, Falstaff highlights a restaurant somewhere on this globe, reviewed by one of our professional eaters.
Sweat beads forming on the forehead, tears swelling in the eyes – these are the physical manifestations of eating hot and spicy foods. Is this...
Have you packed everything for your picnic? Make sure you don’t forget something to sit on: Falstaff has found the best and most beautiful picnic...
Jansz Tasmania 's release of vintage sparkling wines shows Tasmania's cool climate off to perfection.